Monday, June 25, 2012

Scorcher!

Wow it's hot today! Highs in the 100's over the weekend and for the next few days. That's not good for tomato plants. I've been doing a little research and I think I'm going to try trimming back my 'Magnificent Seven', pruning them to see if they can make it through the heat. The other tomato plants I'm going to leave alone and see how they fair without any trimming.

I've never pruned tomato plants before. I've always just let nature take its course. In the research that I've done, I found that pruning tomatoes will take the dying growth off and leave the plant to try to refresh itself grow new branches, bloom and put on more fruit. One website suggested pruning away about a third of each plant. Think I'll try that this evening when it gets cooler........like the lower 90's!

And to Cheryl @ DDR: Yes!! I would love for you to design my packaging! Do you still have my number?

And to Linda H: you are right! I'm drying some rosemary right now to add to my next batch of soap. I love rosemary too

And I'm still looking for emulsifying wax to use to make some tomato lotion. Guess I'm gonna have to order on-line.

Now....I'm going to try making my first batch of homemade tomato paste!  --Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment