Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February Market Days Show

In my last post I described how the Tomato Shed has expanded into recycled and repurposed vintage furniture and accessories. I will be having a booth at the Hallettsville Market Days this weekend, Feb 16 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

I thought I would post some photos of the 'offerings' I will have at the show. Sorry I don't have a nice staging area to take photos. I just hauled things out of my shed and snapped!!

First, here are only some of the accessories that will be there.

Some chalkboard doors, and this pretty pewter painted candle wall sconce.

This is a mirror wall hanging made from a mirror and a raisin bran cereal box! You gotta see it to believe it!!


I'm still trying to decide if I want to sell or keep the two panel chalkboard below. I just think it's SO cute!!

 Next is a little set that could go in a little girl's room or a guest bedroom to create some fun.
Well, I call them a set. I don't remember when the two-tiered side table arrived on the scene. It was a sad little thing with the veneer missing on the top and falling off in multiple other places. I glued back what I could, and then decoupaged on the top.
Don't ask me what made me choose the pink and charteuse color scheme. The little guy just told me he wanted some joy in his life. Do you see the tea set? It's a permanent little tea party right on the top of that happy little table!!
 The little doll cradle came from the trip I took this summer. She came from a trash pile in upstate New York. I can just see someone's little dolly taking a snooze in it. Or - you may have some ideas of how to repurpose her into something fun.
And this is an old trunk I salvaged. It's kinda bent and rusty, but look how pretty it is in it's new paint clothes. It would make a great storage container and could be placed at the foot of a bed or opened and used for display

 These are the biggest pieces of furniture I worked on for the show.
I have three of these vintage folding chairs. They came from an old church family hall. I didn't touch them, besides give 'em a wash off. Two are this chippy pink and you see the mint green one in the photo above. Aren't they cool?
 I bought this vintage coffee table in Moulton at their city wide garage sale. It was an ugly dark brown. I painted it a very light blue, distressed it, and waxed it. It is a wonderful, very heavy piece.
 This guy came from a house that was being demolished. He held canned goods and had wood nailed into the openings. I cleaned him up, painted him a pretty sage green and added chicken wire inside the door openings. What a great buffet for a country home.






This is a little shuttered mirror I painted to match either the buffet or the coffee table.



 I L-O-V-E these chairs and table. The ladder back chairs are distressed barn red. Although one has a couple of slats missing, they are both very sturdy and would work well inside or on a porch.

 This old wicker table is GREAT!! I picked it up at Goodwill and painted it with yellow tractor paint! It should hold up very well. It is a great mix of old and worn with new and updated color and finish. I may not be able to part with this one.

 And these....
They are repainted metal folding chairs. These are only two of the ones I'll have at the show.

If you see anything you like, let me know. I also have some old solid wood doors and six frame windows to sell. I haven't repainted or repurposed any of those yet.

I will also paint any of your furniture that you'd like to have refreshed. And I can take orders for jobs too.

I didn't even make any tomato soap for this show, I've been so busy in the Shed. My tomato seedlings are growing and will be ready to set out soon, so there will be lots more soap to come!

Hope to see you in Hallettsville this weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment