Saturday, July 30, 2016

What IS The Tomato Shed?

New to The Tomato Shed page? 
What IS The Tomato Shed?

I'm Sharon. The Tomato Shed came into being in the summer of 2012. Since pretty much always I have been a collector of vintage things because I love the story behind them. And I'm born and raised in Yoakum Texas-once known for a bustling tomato industry. I just kind of put the two things together and POOF!! The Tomato Shed was born!😄🍅

The Shed is a mixture of vintage goodies looking for a new home and new life, as well as my tomato heritage 'brainchild' - homemade homegrown Yoakum tomato soap. 

Because I'm a full time teacher, I have weird hours at The Shed. I have posted hours of Mondays 5-7pm. I'm (almost) always here then. But-you can often catch me here on Saturdays, I just don't want to post Saturdays as open, because often I'm not...its just me so it's hard!

So-if you like to own old things with a story, or wanna try some tomato soap (I highly recommend it!) Stop by when I'm here. Or call/text me and we can work something out.  Let's revitalize Yoakum's tomato heritage and have some fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment